Autumn is officially here! What better way than to start the season of with a little baking session. I posted This cute fox cutter the other week and I have finally filled my house with some foxy yummy biscuits. Here’s how I have made some easy simple Lemon biscuits; that might I add, went down a treat in my household.
250g of butter.
150g of caster sugar.
300g of plain flour + some for your counter.
1 tbls of Lemon flavouring.
1 egg yolk.
Icing and any decoration you want to add once cooked and cooled.
- First add your butter and caster sugar into a bowl once measured out. (Turn your oven on at 180.c to pre heat all ready for cooking)
- Add your egg yolk and Lemon flavour, then mix it all up well.
- Sift over your flour and stir until the mixture is well combined… you might need to get your hands in at the end to give everything a really good mix and press the dough together.
- Prep your surface with some flour to avoid the dough sticking.
- Roll your dough out, not to thin or your biscuits will break once cooked. I would say your chosen cutter (mine being a fox) should be just under half full when pressed into the dough.
- Once you have cut your shapes out, place them onto greasing paper; I greased some butter over my paper to make sure they would come of easy once cooked. Then I docked them with a folk, helps to vent the steam created in the oven while baking; mostly used for short bread biscuits but I like to do it with normal ones as well. (I also sprinkled some caster sugar over mine to add to my sweet tooth)
- Cook for about 15-20 mins, when they start browning they are ready to be taken out of the oven and placed onto a cooling rack.
- Once they are left to cool you are ready decorate them. I just added orange icing to mine. Once all done there you will have, a lovely yummy Lemon batch of biscuits ready to be demolish.
Who loves simple recipes like this? Also who else just loves my fox cutter?