Tonight I finally made my favourite side dish Dauphinoise potatoes, my dad teased me last month on snapchat by making it without me! So I have finally cooked it. All by myself, a nice simple yummy dish that I devoured. If you Like cheese or things creamy this is deffiantly a dish for you.
- Potatoes, about five large ones depending on chosen oven dish size.
- 1 large tub of double cream
- Garlic clove
- Lots and if you are me ALOT! of cheese, I used cheddar (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- First, peel your potatoes then slice them into thin pieces like bellow on the picture.
2. Then get a bowl and pore your double cream into the bowl. Sprinckle some salt and pepper in with the double cream and stir.
3. Dip your potatoes slices into the cream and layer them ontop of each other in your chosen oven dish.
4. Place some broken up garlic cloves on top of the creamy potatoes.
5. Add a litle more cream, then place in the oven for 30 mins.
6. Take the dish out of the oven and add your cheese(in my case LOTS of cheese).
7. Place back in oven for a further 10-15 mins depending on the knife test. (through the potatoes) If nice and soft you are ready to dish up and tuck in once cooled down. Anyone else love this dish as much as me? Or know of any creamy, cheesey must try dishes?
I chose to side mine with some vegetables and sausuges, we had a second little mouth to feed today. Logans best friend Delilah came over for the afternoon/evening and she loved my dish.